- Functions of QEC
- 1) To be established in each university/degree awarding institute to be headed by a Professional whose services will be hired against the relevant criteria for quality assurance of higher education. The status of QEC head will be equivalent to a Dean and the reporting authority for this position will be Vice Chancellor/Rector. He/she will be the correspondent with the outside bodies and responsible for internal Academic Audit as well. All these Quality Enhancement Cells will be facilitated by Quality Assurance Agency that will be established at Higher Education Commission.
2) To be responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards for the award of degrees, management and overall quality of knowledge being imparted by the institutions are enhanced and safeguarded.
3) To be responsible for the review of quality standards by auditing academic standards and the quality of teaching, learning and management in each subject area.
4) To be responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
5) To be responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from the candidates.
6) To be responsible to develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Master, MPhil, PhD 7) To be responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific programme.
8) To be responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
9) To be responsible to ensure that the university's quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
10) QEC staff will get the capacity building training from HEC on the subject of quality in higher learning and will be responsible to implement and disseminate that acquired knowledge into learning environment of the institution.
11) To be Responsible to Develop Procedures for the following: Improvement of existing programs and approval of new programs in consultation with already existing body responsible for the task at universities. Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty assessment, and students' perception. Developing a data source for accurate information regarding quality assurance which will be deliverable to all stakeholders. Departmental review. Student feedback. Employer feedback. Quality assurance of Master, M Phil. and PhD degree programs. Subject review. Institutional audit. Program me specifications. Qualification framework.
- Functions of Program Team
1)To attend the SAR meetings as and when required.
2) To ensure that Self Assessment Mechanism is being implemented as per given guidelines.
3) To collect and document all the information required to fulfill the prescribed standards under each criterion.
4) To provide justification for each standard if it is not applicable.
5) To prepare drafts of the SAR on the given dead line and send them to QEC for timely feedback.
6) To keep the record of all the supporting documents addressing various standards of the SAR.
7) To circulate all the applicable feedback forms to the target stakeholders and include the analysis of the same in the SAR.
8) To communicate with the management on the effectiveness and suitability of the SA mechanism.
9) To coordinate with other departments and faculty members as and when required for the completion of the SAR.
- Functions Of Assesment Team
1) To attend SAR briefing as and when required
2) To review SAR report as per guidelines provided by QEC and mark areas for review further.
3) To visit department with QEC members and verify the contents of SAR.
4) To attend meetings on the findings of visits and sharing of experiences.